Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hot! Hot! Hot!


You can imagine how on her game Porsche was working in the direct sun at 28C. She broke out after the stock and scattered them, and then fought to find balance...her brain was not on the work. Like me, Porsche was hot and tired.

John had us achieve balance a few times and then asked for a stop (which Porsche happily gave) and then we called the lesson. It wasn't the best session to end the camp on, but although it wasn't pretty, I did learn a lot about my dog, even in the short time we worked the stock. John does have a wonderful way of turning what on the surface appears to be a less successful run into a learning experience. :)

On John's advice, we didn't run Porsche a second time (I had already decided that a second run was out considering the temperature), but after I settled her in her shaded crate with her wet coat on (happy dog!), I sat and watched the rest of the runs. I have been amazed at how much I've picked up all weekend watching other people's dogs!!


No comments:

Post a Comment