Sunday, August 30, 2009

Great job, Porsche!!

This morning was the best lesson yet!

Porsche was very good at finding balance and fetching the stock to me. We worked with Trudy this morning, and upon her suggestion, we continued to work on having Porsche find balance and fetch softly. I got a very nice stop from Porsche, and on Trudy's suggestion, I will ask for a stop and then immediately send her out again...you can see by Porsche's behavior that she thinks that when she's asked to stop that she's either in trouble or the “game” is over. So, I'll be working on very brief stops (on and off stock) and then continue on with whatever our current game is.

I was thrilled when we left the pen...I'm sure people could see the huge grin on my face a mile away. Well, since this is Saskatchewan, maybe two miles! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment